Laser skin treatment is a popular strategy, primarily for removing the top layers of skin to remove aging lines and wrinkles. The current economic troubles has caused a decline in the use of this skin therapy, though, due to its cost, which is more than most Americans can comfortably afford.
Uses Of Laser Skin Treatment
Lasers are used to improve multiple conditions:
* To rid the face and body of acne...
* Get rid of unsightly wrinkles - even deep facial wrinkles and grooves...
* Removal of scars and blemishes...
* Take off keloids...
* Eliminate stretch marks...
* Freckled people remove these tiny spots with lasers...
* Erase sun spots and other unattractive pigmentation...
Laser Skin Resurfacing: there are various types of laser skin treatment and one very popular type is laser skin resurfacing. In this procedure a laser is gently used to help remove layers of damaged skin so that healthy skin can form in its place. This type of laser treatment is also very helpful if you want to remove an embarrassing birthmark. When the anti aging treatment procedure occurs the doctor will give you a very light anesthetic so that you will be alert, but not notice much discomfort.
Lasers And Sun Sensitivity: after having a laser skin treatment done, your doctor will inform you that your skin will be even more sensitive to the sun. Immediately after the procedure the physician will slather your face with sunscreen before leaving. On the day of the treatment you should also consider wearing a large sunhat or bring an umbrella to help shield your face from the sun. You will also notice that after the treatment you will experience some redness, swelling, and peeling. This is all normal following a session with lasers - naturally, since you're having layers of your skin removed.
Home Treatment: if you do experience any peeling you should avoid trying to remove it. This will cause your skin to scar.
Your doctor will also recommend that when you are at home you should keep your face moistened with ointments and sunscreen. It's important to know that some people may be overly-sensitive to the sun for the rest of their lives.
When It's Time To Panic! you should be alarmed is if your skin starts to blister and become hard and painful. In the event that this happens to you, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible. Even though a laser skin treatment isn't as dangerous as many other procedures, there are still risks involved.
Advantages Of A Laser Skin Treatment
1. In spite of the dangers mentioned above, lasers are safer than traditional surgery. It's important to understand that NO OPERATION IS SAFE! There is always risk, no matter how trivial the treatment.
2. The actual laser skin treatment is rarely painful. And, in most cases, the 'healing pain' is minimal.
Disadvantages Of Using Lasers To Heal Your Skin
1. The main disadvantage of using lasers is, of course, the cost. The bill for these procedures runs in the thousands of dollars and many can't afford it, especially in these economically troubled times.
2. Laser clinics tend to cluster in big cities, effectively removing this service from more rural areas - unless folks are willing to spend the money to travel and stay in a hotel. This places the cost out of reach of most people.
3. In some cases a person can get an infection from the laser skin treatment.
4. There are even some cases where a patient can burn so badly that extensive scarring and ugly spots occur.
5. A lot of people may not right for laser skin treatment. When a patient has a darker skin tone it will take them a longer amount of time for their skin to return to a normal color. People with a darker complexion should also consider the fact that removing your skin with lasers may make that particular skin appear lighter for a time.
There is a rule in medicine that states that we should try the least invasive procedure first. If that remedy isn't successful, then we can consider more drastic measures. In your search for more beautiful skin, this means that it's prudent to first attempt to heal your skin with safer methods. So wise people first try high-quality facial creams, especially those that contain collagen. These wonderful beauty aids are cheaper, less risky and often offer dramatic results. So consider anti aging creams before spending large sums of money on laser skin treatment.